Install Type: Synthetic Turf Field
Entity: Pittsburgh Pirates
1701 27th St. E.
Bradenton, FL 34208
Trevor Gooby, Director of Florida Operations
Turbo Link International, Inc. completed construction of a 130,000sq.ft. synthetic turf baseball field at Pirate City in Bradenton, FL–the Spring Training home of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
From start to finish–the scope of the design-build project:
- Site Engineering, sub-surface investigation and permitting.
- Drafting of site survey, demolition, drainage, grading, and field layout drawings and maintenance program.
- Excavation and export of sod, soil and spoils from what was formerly a natural grass baseball field.
- Testing, leveling and compaction of sub-grade.
- Formed and poured curbs for turf cutouts at clay-mix areas.
- Sub-surface drainage and sub-base build up to meet all site-specific South Florida Water Managment District requirements.
- Installation of green, terracotta and white synthetic turf with textured and profiled monofilament polyethylene fibers.
- Sand and rubber infilling.
- Clay-mix build-up, grading and compaction of turf cutouts.
- Re-grading of warning track mix.
- Final grooming and walk-through.